[DMCForum] 10440 for sale

Yes, Guys ---- I've really decided to sell my D.  It's a great car for someone
who wants a running  project Delorean.  Most of what it still needs is work
on the interior with just a few mechanical issues yet to deal with. I've
driven it fairly regularly and had a blast with it, but it's time for it to find a
deserving home.   I thought I'd offer it to the AZ-D's and to the Forum
before I go the eBAY route.  Will entertain all fair offers, thinking that it's
worth in the $13 to $14K range .

...........................LP

WORK DONE
*replaced fuel pump, pump boot, baffle, support bracket, filter
*Toby TABs
*thermostat and otterstat
*new struts all around
*driver window rebonded to sash
*water pump
*replaced all cooling hoses and plumbing
*radiator recored with hi efficiency core
*SpecialT fan fix
* air bleeder for radiator
* new Optima red top battery
* alternator 90amp rebuilt
* r/r fuel sending unit

WILL THROW IN
*a bag of fir trees
*left rear tail lens to replace the faded one
*orig Delorean paperwork, manual and vinyl manual cover, brochure, etc.
*service manuals and parts manual

HAS
orig window sticker
all safety recall mods
stainless reservoir bottle
almost new good tires

PROBLEMS
shifting into first gear takes a little finesse
hairline crack water jacket that needs welded by someone who knows
what he's doing
*a/c compressor probably leaks.  runs on R-12
heater doesn't work
needs accumulator
failed emissions inspection last week
boot cable broken
pass side marker lens broken (oops!)

INTERIOR COSMETICS
needs new seat covers unless you like the cheap fake fur ones I have.  orig
leather is trashed.
dash cracked
binnacle cracked
no radio
orig window control buttons replaced with aftermarket ones
cargo net not attached
drivers' door panel and headliner panel not attached.  but I'll give you the
fir trees
carpet dirty but salvageable
amazingly the headlight switch WORKS!!
needs headliner
A and B pillars (I think this is what they're called) have come loose and are
warped
no interior lights work
windshield sloppily installed with black glue showing at edges but no leaks

A FEW PLUSSES
the spare tire is original and seems to hold air
the frame is free of rust
all guages work altho gas guage can be funky
windows work
horn works, altho very softly
wipers work
headlights work
mode switch works
body looks great with only one or two tiny dings