Re: [DMCForum] Re: Someone wants to be me

On 3/16/06, Joe OBrien <joeyoseppijoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What a tease,
>
> Ryan, you could have gave us some time to look at the mystery girl
> before you turned em in. :-)

Sorry - I didn't think they'd pull it that fast. She was nice looking.
Provocative. Somewhat skinny, and way too young for someone like me to
be looking at such pictures. But she had to be at least 18. I keep
telling myself that, anyway.

> I have found pictures of my car on a few forums belonging to someone
> else, I always considered it flattering that someone would use my
> pictures.

As would I, however: It's one thing to copy my pictures and say, "Hey,
check out this cool DeLorean." Or to include them in a gallery of
DeLoreans, etc. I don't care about that - I'm not a copyright nazi.
But this guy was claiming ownership of my car, and using my pictures
to engage in competitions against other vehicles to win "points", etc.
That's just over the line for me. Hell, if he wants pictures of the
car to pretend it's his, I'd be happy to go take some in an area with
a different background so people won't confuse "his" car with mine
and/or me. All he has to do is ask.

Using my published pictures ties him back to me and folks may think
I'm him. I can just see him making an ass of himself and people
getting the wrong opinion about me. I mean, I do a fine job of making
an ass out of myself on my own. I don't need any help!

-Ryan