[DMCForum] Re: AC High Pressure Hose Leaking Badly, replacement advice??

[DMCForum] Re: AC High Pressure Hose Leaking Badly, replacement advice??

Yeah,

I'll probably be driving it to Dave Bauerle's shop next week and have
him recharge the AC after I install new hoses.

Just incase I decide to try Walt's method,(It's cheaper I'm sure) do
you know of a good place to buy the correct R-12 lines I would need,
and the ends?

-Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@...> wrote:

> I am not familiar with the two-piece hose but can tell you what Walt
came up
> with.  Remember Walt? :)
>
> He said some people bend the lower section of the frame where the
crimped-on
> ends exit instead of raising the body.  This also damages the epoxy.
>
> He bought a length of the correct hose, taped the ends to prevent
trash from
> getting in, and ran it through the frame and tied it up at both
ends.  Then
> drove the car to an a/c shop and had them crimp the ends on.  This also
> allowed the hoses to be trimmed to exact length.
>
> As you know, the sooner you do this the better so moisture doesn't
get in
> there.
>
> Greg

Behalf