[DMCForum] Powdercoated DMC frames experience anyone?

[DMCForum] Powdercoated DMC frames experience anyone?

Hi guys,

I'm looking for anyone who has experience with a powdercoated frame
in a DeLorean (or even a partly powdercoated frame, such as a frame
with a new powdercoated front frame extension welded on).

I've never heard any real life example of how durable powdercoating
is on our frames.. Well, I've been told its great, but have no idea
how long it is expected to last.

When the vendors sell refurbished cars, they have freshly
powdercoated frames, but what I'm wondering is how soon afterwards do
the frames start to show signs of rust again? Does the powdercoated
surface become chipped from stones etc easily? Has anyone added a
clearcoat over the powdercoating to give it extra protection/strength?

There was a guy called Nick on the list a few years ago, who did a
frame off restoration on his car, and powdercoated his frame. If
you're still here Nick, how does the frame look now after a few years
of use?

Anyone who had their frame extension replaced a few years ago - how
is the powdercoating holding up in this area today?

Thanks a million to anyone with any information!

Regards,
John

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte