Re: [DMCForum] DeLorean Video Dashboard

Well Bob, to be honest I like the analog gauges. However, let me tell
you what I would LOVE:

A variable speed display analog speedometer. I won't put a bigger
speedo in there because I spend 90% of my driving time between 35 and
75mph. I like the large gauge sweep I get from an 85mph speedo. People
that put 140mph speedos in their cars are only using the first 1/3 to
1/2 of the gauge in almost all driving situations which I find silly.

But with a video panel, this can change. My ideal situation would be
to run an 85mph speedo stock. Move the digital needle like a standard
analog gauge. But then, when the car got above, say, 50mph, rotate the
numbers on the outside of the gauge in a gradual "sweeping" motion. So
now your speedo reads from, say, 30-100. If you get above 80 or 90,
rotate some more.

If done right, the effect would be extremely cool.

-Ryan

On 1/12/06, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> Any ideas you have for custom graphics for a D?
>
> Bob
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS