[DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Video Dashboard

Very, VERY impressive, Bob. Your son Ryan has done a helluva job!

However, I do have a few questions for you.

What kind of Monitors do you plan on using, to reduce daylight glare?
My biggest concern would be the inability to see everything in the
daylight.

The projected display in the background. Was that a live image of what
was being displayed on the in-dash monitors? If so, what kind of
connection were you using? Is it just a regular RGB cable?

When customizing the display, how would you do that? Do you just
enable, disable gagues within a static layout? Can you drag and drop
the displays like widgets? Or are there pre-contstructed displays with
only certain gagues presented that you could cycle thru?

The wiring done is VERY impressive. But is there a way to better
intergrate the circuits for less space? Instead of running information
to the video processors individually, why just use a real OS with a
GUI display? Create widgets or applications that visualy display their
information on a desktop, and have them obtain that info to display
via an a local IP or IRQ? Just a thought or two to ponder over. That
way, you'd keep the system less proprietary, and perhaps simpler.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxx> wrote:

> DCS 2006 Sneak preview.
>
> I've been very quite on this forum.  Here why.
>
> http://www.branmuffinindustries.com/products/video_dashboard.htm
>
> Video takes about 2 minutes to load with DLS.   Dial up ?  Who knows.
>
> Bob

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS