[DMCForum] Re: Freight Shipping

I'd reccomend checking out http://www.highwayfreight.com/

They seemed to have some pretty good rates, depending upon where the
item is going to arrive at, and where it's going to be dropped off at.
They have their own shipping accounts, and you just go thru them to
get the bulk discount rate. Either ABF, or USBestways companies would
be good options.

The costs of course depend upon where it's going to be picked up at.
If they have to go out to a customer's site or not to pick the item
up, or if it can just be dropped off at their frieght depot.

And that's the other thing. These items don't HAVE to be delivered
anywhere. Just tell them you'll pick it up at the Freight Depot, and
they'll leave it there. If you have a big enough truck, I was told
that they can use a fork lift to drop the pallet right into the bed of
the truck, or trailer you're going to use to haul it home with, if you
don't in fact have a truck.

I'd say the depending upon locations, anything over $350 to move
around in the lower 48 states is a ripoff, unless you have some
unusual care instructions.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "natesky1980" <ncskalsk@xxxx> wrote:

> I've been looking for a new (new-to-me at least) engine (current one
> has major defects in the valley) over the last couple months, and now
> that there are more options available, I'd like to know what companies
> people have used for freight shipping large items? engines for
> example..
>
> I've looked at UPS Freight (quoted me $1500 for a 1500mile distance
> ship) and Yellow Freight (~$500 terminal to terminal the same
> distance).
>
> Any other recommended companies I should consider? Thanks!
>
> -Nate
> 11501, Minnesota

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS