Re: [DMCForum] No Car, No Love

Lauren,

On 1/9/06, LJScarlet2 <ljscarlet2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wow.  And to think I complain that my female friends give up their
> personalities for guys.  I never really thought the reverse was
> true :)

Ugh. They do it all the time. I can't handle people like that. Just be
yourself already. Trying to be someone else to please the person you
want to spend time with is silly. She doesn't like you, she likes the
person you're pretending to be but aren't. So break it off and find
someone who likes you.

> it is part of who I am.  Anyone who doesn't dig the car, doesn't
> appreciate the part of my personality that made me buy it.

Ah! I love that, Lauren. That just says it so succinctly. I'm going to
steal that the next time I have one of these conversations with
someone.

> I went
> on a date once with a guy who really seemed promising.  At some
> point in the conversation, I mentioned my Delorean.  The guy made
> fun of me for buying such a "stupid, badly-made" car.  Needless to
> say, it was our first and LAST date.

LOL, what an idiot.

On the other hand, at least he was being himself, instead of
pretending to love the car because he wanted more time with you.
Better to find out on a first date than 5 years into a marriage when
he mentions, "By the way, I've never liked that piece of shit and you
need to sell it now." More expensive to get rid of him then.

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS