[DMCForum] DeLorean Touring Society

Marc & Others

I bought a DeLorean (Dave Delman's 6530 now) new in 1982.  Being in
SoCal, I had plenty of opportunities for gathering with other D
owners.  In early 1989 I moved to the mountains of Colorado.  DeLorean
country? NOT!  Then in 1991 the DOA was having a gathering in Vegas.
I got on the phone and called Bruce Benson the Pres. of what was then
the Minnesota chapter of the DOA.  Began arranging to meet other
owners along the way.  By the time our caravan reached Vegas, we were
21 strong.

Skip two years and Bruce called me and said that the MN guys were
going to do a little run in the Black Hills and would I like to join
in.  That was the year of my 60th birthday and it sounded like a great
birthday idea. We had 6or7 cars on that trip and found we really
enjoyed each others compnay and our wives had a great time as well.
Since then we have gotten together every year for some sort of 10-14
day trip. Mountains of Colorado, Lakes of Minnesota, Wisconsin Sports
Car Rally, Canadian Rockies, and more. Most of those trips will cover
at least 3000 miles and a couple have pushed 6000!  This past fall we
did the Oregon Coast and up into the Seattle area.  I covered 5500
miles in 17 days and the MN guys did a tad over 6000 miles.

We have become a rather tight knit group with all these years under
our belts.  From time to time we have had others join us on a trip,
but most of the time we are a small band of loyal friends.

The DTS consists of Bruce Benson, Marty Maier, Don DeBolt, Kent Van
Meter and myself - and our long suffering wives, of course.  We drive
a single turbo, two twin turbos, a Stage II and a relatively stock
engined D.  Eclectic in many, many ways.

We never intended to be exclusive.  I guess our clanishness might make
us seem that way. It is the comeraderie of groups like this that makes
owning the D the unique experience that it is.

Hey, making short posts was not one of my resolutions.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS