Re: [DMCForum] Happy Boxing Day!

Discussion of religion is banned. Quite frankly the entire "bitching
about Christmas" thread is a fine line, in my opinion. However, since
the debate has centered mainly on society and culture and not on
religious arguments, I've let it go.

Marc, you need to get it through your thick skull that wishing someone
a "Merry Christmas" is neither a violation of list rules nor an
invitation to convert you. It's a polite gesture. If you don't like
it, please ignore it.

One last comment on list rules: I don't play the "strict rules" game.
You know that game - it's where you make a rule and follow it exactly
to the letter. This game sometimes snares innocents ("no religious
discussion" was never intended to ban "Merry Christmas") and sometimes
lets the guilty go. I will enforce rules according to the
circumstances of the individual incident, not strictly according to
the letter of the law.

--
- Ryan

On 12/26/05, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, Boxing day is based on Christmas..  So it would
> also be a religious holiday.
>
> My initial "SIGH" was because Religion was being
> discussed on the list in the form of "Merry
> Christmas", even though religion is banned.
>
> --- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Happy Boxing Day everyone!
> >

> > Or did I just offend poorer people who can't afford
> > house servants?
> >
> > -Robert

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS