Re: [DMCForum] Mistletoe belt buckles, naked chicks and hummers...

Re: [DMCForum] Mistletoe belt buckles, naked chicks and hummers...

What do you mean by that last statement?  I have no problem with people saying "happy hollidays" if they want to.  What I do have a problem with is certain stores and schools etc. where you are not allowed to to say "merry Christmas".  That is just plain wrong.

  Chuck

Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Let me make sure I was clear with the point of my message earlier today:

Wishing someone a Merry Christmas is in the gray area when it comes to
being a "religious topic" on the Forum.  Claiming that Christmas is a
national holiday, and therefore universal to Americans is demonstrably
and woefully wrong.

Along the same lines: in a sad bit of irony, people who complain about
the "Happy Holidays" movement limiting their 1st amendment rights
actually have it backwards.

Regards,
Jon Heese