re: [DMCForum] XBox.

Honestly, I don't know exactly how it is done..  But I
hear there are some new XBOX mods that don't require
an actual hardware change.  In the past, all the mods
were based on some hardware mods made inside the box.
I have no verification of this, just "
what I heard"

Like I said, I had someone else modify my Xbox.  He
installed the hardware mod, and also replaced the hard
drive in there (from 9G to like 300G).  It is cool to
have the extra space because you can load all of your
games on the hard drive and not use the disks.  You
can either put your media (music, movies) on the
internal hard disk, or play them off of your computer
(over the network).

Most of what I use is XBMC (XBox Media Center).  It is
an open-source free program that is updated all the
time (seems like weekly!)  there are tons of
developers adding scripts to it all the time.  One
that I us sometimes is a tool to let you watch music
videos from Yahoo.  And, we already discussed the
SHOUTcast player.  I though I saw a Sirius player too
(off the web)!  There are hundreds of things you can
download to expand the abilities of the XBMC.

Again, I am by no means an expert on this.  I kind of
learn as I go (and need to).  However, all of the
information is Internet based so you can find anything
you need to know out there.

--- Jack Stiefel <jackstiefel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Now you guys have to fill me in on this.  I am
> grabbing a 360 today so the misses won't be using
> the old one as much and would love to tune in
> internet radio and replaytv with it

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10