RE: [DMCForum] Re: Spankwagon

Both XM and Sirius have commercial free music channels, most all of the
dedicated music channels are commercial free but both have DJ's.
Almost all of the DJ's on Sirius are ex-MTV jocks.
The special channels that are mostly audio TV streams have commercials,
mostly
the old style of sponsors rather than commercials as we know them today.
Sort of reminds me of the way old time radio and tv was when the show host
would break into a jingle or speech about the sponsor.

If you are a Howard fan, or a fan of his style of comedy then Sirius is the
way to go.
Howard has two channels of which he will fill with his stuff.
Already it is amazing.
I can tell you, once you get used to this style of radio you will never sit
and listen to commercials on regular radio again.
Almost all of the local radio stations are owned by either Clearchannel or
Infinity.
You will notice during rush hour that all the stations go on a super long
commercial
break at the same time - this is by no coincidence.
Satellite radio eliminates that, and with the new units that actually record
like
TiVos you can pause, rewind, fast forward the live radio!
If there is a song you like and you need to hop out to run in the store, you
can pause
the radio and pick up where you left off!
How awesome is that?
With the new Sirius S50, you can use it as a portable, record up to 50 hours
on it,
and also use it as an iPod.
The future of radio is dead, in the next 10 years FM will go the way of AM
and be
nothing but spanish radio, and religious banter or political shows.

We never thought we would pay for TV but we do.
We never thought we would pay for water, but we do.
The end result is much better, I would rather pay .41 cents a day to not
have to sit and listen to commercials....not to mention the uncensored
entertainment
I get to hear.
Hands down, no contest.

Between the two, Sirius is my favorite.
XM does seem to have a bigger library, but to me it is crap no one wants to
hear.
They play more B sides and new material from new artists.
Sirius plays the more popular stuff.
I mean heck, I like the songs played on the FM classic rock station, but I
don't want
to hear some big voice DJ and a bunch of commercials in-between them.

I used to have XM, I got rid of it and now I have Sirius in all of my cars
and home.
I have one in the DeLo, Magnum, Harley and the office, and my wife's car
too.

I think you get the point.

PS: On the Sirius "Big 80's" channel, they play a promo that says...
"Get your DeLorean up to 88 miles per hour!"
That alone is worth going with Sirius ;>
- VB

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM