Re: [DMCForum] Re: gullwings extraordinaire!

Re: [DMCForum] Re: gullwings extraordinaire!

I agree, the Areovette is an awesome car, but I'm not really sure how that would be rubbing it in.  The Aerovette came first (I think JZD may have actually helped on it) then De Lorean took a few styling cues from it when he made his car.

therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  If you REALLY want to rub it in, also bring up the Aerovette.

http://tinyurl.com/aq4vr

Mid-engine, gas turbine, with gullwing doors to boot!

That Banshee isn't bad, but I always perfered the 2nd prototype
though. It's a convertible with a 400 or so ci engine, mounted up to a
Muncie 4-speed transmission.

Now THAT would be a car I'd certainly have bought, if they ever made them.

GM has made some pretty huge mistakes over the years, but letting JZD
walk out on them was perhaps their bigggest.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx> wrote:

> It's pretty obvious how the Corvette took it's shape from this.
> How ironic - considering the attidude many Corvette owners have towards
> DeLorean owners.
> This will be a nice subject to bring up at DSC-PR to our car show
neighbors!
> HA!
> - VB
>

> >From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors@xxxx>
> >To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: Re: [DMCForum] gullwings extraordinaire!
> >Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:06:51 -0800 (PST)
> >
> >Cool, but even better yet, look on the right side of that page and
you see
> >a 1964 Pontiac Banshee, designed by John De Lorean!
> >
> >Lauren <LPLand@xxxx> wrote:
> >Just got my Barrett-Jackson preview in the mail today - check out
> >the 1954 Pontiac concept car with wings aloft.
> >
> >http://www.barrett-jackson.com/

> >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

        Dmc   Dml   Dmc fz10     Dmc fz1s   Delorean part   Dml forte