RE: [DMCForum] Re: Ford and GM

Nope, many of the components are GM, but the assembly is done by AM General.
It was designed by GM, but is built by AM General

>From the AM General FAQ site here:
http://www.amgeneral.com/corporate_faqs.php#6a

Where are HUMMERs made?
The HUMMER H1 is manufactured in the same facility as the HMMWV. It starts
on the same line and eventually moves to another building to be finished off
with civilian safety features and "creature comforts." The HUMMER H2 is
assembled at the new state-of-the-art HUMMER H2 Assembly Plant just to the
east of the HMMWV/H1 facility.

Also found on: http://www.amgeneral.com/vehicles.php

Due in part to the military HMMWV renown in Desert Storm, AM General
introduced a civilian version of the vehicle called the HUMMER in 1992.
Known as "the world's most serious 4x4," the revolutionary vehicle has found
favor with commercial users who appreciate the value of HUMMER's long life
and amazing performance, and individuals who seek the ultimate in toughness
and mobility. In 1999, General Motors acquired the HUMMER brand worldwide
and rebadged the current vehicle H1. In 2002, AM General began assembling
the HUMMER H2 for GM in its new factory in Mishawaka, Ind. This vehicle was
designed by and is marketed by General Motors.

See the plant here: http://www.amgeneral.com/vehicles_hummer_h2.php

The H3 is made at the Shreveport, La UAW assembly plant by GM, that's why if
you look at the new H3 it has a little GM emblem on each door.

Most people just think the H2 is a rebadged Yukon or Tahoe, but in reality
there is a difference.

Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Fl
DMC Vin 03461 1981 Grey 5 speed
DMC Vin 16879 1983 Black 5 speed