[DMCForum] Alternator Charging Issue

Though it's not impossible that the bulb all of a sudden burned out, I  would
think carefully about anything you might have done to the wiring  etc.

Delman's Rule: "When something isn't working, look first at the last thing
you screwed with."

Before ripping apart the binnacle, try this:

Look at the schematic, (you do have one right!?)

Looks like the bulb gets power from fuse 5, so check it.

If that is ok, with the ignition switch ON Ignition,  put a volt meter
carefully on the NY brown with yellow wire that connects to the alternator,If  the
bulb is getting power and is good you should read 12 volts if the bulb is  not
lit.

You can try to disconnect the NY wire at the alternator and if you ground
that wire the bulb should light. (I would not ground it while it is still
connected to the alternator.)

According to the DeLorean Bulkhead Connectors info(courtesy of Dave Delman
and is attached) the light is on pin 31 of the white connector.  See the  pdf
file.  That is another possible break point in the wiring.

Of course the bulb could be bad too!

D² & 6530