Re: [DMCForum] Re: Cross Reference parts

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Cross Reference parts

Am I allowed to play this game? :-)

James Espey wrote:

>The Saab brake master is proportioned
>internally 50/50, while the original DeLorean brake master made by
>Girling (no longer available, but now reproduced by us and sold by the
>FSV's) is proportioned at 62/38 in accordance with the unique weight
>distribution of the DeLorean.

Well ACTUALLY the original m/c -was- available till last year. I know
this because we hoovered them up. Immediately identifiable by the red
band as opposed to the black (and the biasing written on it) it
cross-reffed to the Saab 90 - not 99, not 900 - Saab 90. And you can't
get 'em any more :-)

I could list a load of references but I'm sure you meant stateside <g>

Oh, oh, just thought of a good one - AC pulley bearings. Available from
just about any bearing manufacturer for not a lot. 15mm ID / 35mm OD /
11mm X-sec I recommend deep groove and double lip sealed with good
temperature rating. Still less than an original one.

As to where to buy them, you can do your own homework :-) Or just spend
$4.50 at DMCH and lose the price of a small beer. I seem to remember
them being nearly $40 not so long ago :-)

Martin
DMC Ltd
www.delorean.co.uk

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS