[DMCForum] Re: High, or "sticky" idle

Squeaky wheel gets the grease,

May sound dumb and simple, but have you ever thoroughly greased the
throttle cable? Someone else had a sticky throttle once, and
greasing the cable & housing amazingly fixed it.

Just a thought.

-Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Babb" <mcbabb@xxxx> wrote:

> Hey all - trying to figure out what to check out:
>
> My car (manual) is now starting to stick at around 2500 RPM's when
it is supposed to be at idle.  The car runs fine, but just idles
higher than usual.  If I tap the gas pedal quickly, the idle will
fall back down to the 1000-1200 range and idle there fine.

> As soon as I accelerate and then re-apply the clutch then the idle
jumps right back to 2500.

> Any suggestions on what to check out?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael Babb