Re: [DMCForum] Off Topic Joke Fwd: Social Security

Re: [DMCForum] Off Topic Joke Fwd: Social Security

Subject: Social Security

WHY  WAIT UNTIL 2008? THERE IS AN ELECTION IN 2006. I HEREWITH FIRMLY STATE
THAT I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY POLITICIAN, REGARDLESS OF THE OTHER ISSUES,  IF
HE DOES NOT SPONSOR AND SUPPORT THIS LEGISLATION. THAT INCLUDES  EVERYONE
STANDING FOR ELECTION IN 2006.
LET  US SHOW OUR LEADERS IN WASHINGTON "PEOPLE POWER"AND THE POWER OF THE
INTERNET. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE WITH ME ON THIS BY REPLYING AND  FORWARDING TO
EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.
ABOVE  MESSAGE DATED 4/25/05
IN  CHATTANOOGA, TN
IT  DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN OR  DEMOCRAT!

KEEP  IT GOING!!!!

2006  Election Issue!!

GET  A BILL STARTED TO PLACE ALL POLITICIANS ON SOC.  SEC.

This  must be an issue in "2006" Please! Keep it  going.

----------------------------------

SOCIAL  SECURITY:

(This  is worth reading. It is short and to the point.)

Perhaps  we are asking the wrong questions during election  years.

Our  Senators and Congresswomen  do not  pay into Social Security and, of
course, they do not collect from  it.

You  see, Social Security benefits were not suitable  for  persons of their
rare elevation in society.They  felt they should have a  special! plan  for
themselves. So, many years ago they voted in  their  own  benefit  plan.

In  more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it.
After  all, it is a great plan.

For  all practical purposes their plan works like  this:

When  they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they  die.

Except  it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments..

For  example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect
to  draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars),
with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of! their lives.
Tom  DeLay is slated to  receive $4,795,000.00, Jon  Corzine will only
receive $1,140,000.00 because of his short tenure in the  senate.
Bob Dole is  already collecting on his $6,575,000.00 since he left the
Senate.   His wife is now in the Senate, working to build up her own pile of gold
from us. These figures are in addition to the FREE medical, dental,  optical,
and hospitalization services given to these so called public  servants.  Let us
clean up their act in 2006, use your  votes.

T  his is calculated on an average life span for each of those named
Dignitaries.

Younger  Dignitaries  who retire at an early age,  will receive much more
during the rest of their  lives.

Their  cost for this excellent plan is  $000.  NADA....ZILCH..

This  little perk they voted for themselves is free to  them.  You and I pick
up the tab for this  plan.  The funds for this fine retirement plan come
directly from the General  Funds;

"OUR  TAX DOLLARS AT WORK"!

From  our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid)
into,-every  payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our  employer)-we
can expect to get an average of  $1,000 per month  after retirement.

Or,  in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly
benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator! Bob Dole's  benefits!

Social  Security could be very good if only one small change were  made.

That  change would be to:

Jerk  the Golden Fleece Retirement  !  Plan from under the Senators and
Congressmen. Put them into the Social  Security plan with the rest of us

then  sit back.....

and  see  how fast they would fix it.

If  enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and
maybe good changes will evolve.

How  many people  CAN  you  send this to?

Better  yet....

How  many people  WILL  you send this to  ?

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS