Re: [DMCForum] DeLorean died and will not restart

Re: [DMCForum] DeLorean died and will not restart

Chris,

When you first turn the key on, can you hear the fuel
pump??  If not, then either the pump is the culprit or
the inertia switch.  You can check the pump power by
pulling off the cover in the luggage compartment and
putting a meter across the plug just before it goes
into the pump.  Should read 12 volts.

Mike    TPS     1630

--- Christopher Mack <christopher_mack@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My delorean died last night while I was driving it
> and
> I could not get it re started.. the engine cranked
> and
> cranked but no start... The engine had been running
> for less than 5 minutes.   I am thinking the problem
> is fuel related and not ignition related because I
> would think if the fuel side of the engine was
> working, wouldn't I smell gas??  I did not smell any
> gas regardless of how much I cranked the motor..
> also
> I checked the #7 fuse for the fuel pump and it was
> ok.
>  What next do you recommend I do?  check the RPM
> relay
> and inertia switch??  IF anyone knows a possible
> solution to my problem please let me know.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> -Chris

http://farechase.yahoo.com

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10