[DMCForum] Re: Exhaust Manifold Questions

[DMCForum] Re: Exhaust Manifold Questions

Rob

While we are talking exhaust gaskets, could you describe the
difference in sound between a exhaust leak and a valve making noise?

I have a "tick" that you only hear under acceleration, doesnt change
with engine temp, and is quiet at idle or cruising rpms.  It also
goes away as you approach the 4K rpm range during a hard
acceleration.  Im leaning towards a gasket leak... any thoughts...
advice?

Ron

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <rob@xxxx> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I strongly recommend replacing all of the studs (both 7&10mm). We
offer a
> complete exhaust kit with all stainless studs or you can buy them
> separately. If you don't change them all often times one or two
studs will
> break soon after the job requiring you to do the whole thing over.
It's just
> not worth the risk.
>
> Rob Grady
>
> P.J.Grady Inc.