Re: [DMCForum] sloppy shifting.....

On 10/14/05, Erik Geerdink <dmcerik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I sent a post out last week about this but didn't have any answers.
>
> My shifting is sloppy.  ANy way to tighten this up?

It can be a pain. I replaced all of the bolts & bushings throughout my
shift linkage the last time I had the tranny out. You've got linkages
under the shifter (take the center column apart), in the accumulator
area (accessed underneath, in the center of the car), and of course at
the connection to the transmission. Any of these could be the problem,
but the most likely is the accumulator area.

This can be a frustrating chore if it needs to be adjusted. I did a
lot of back and forth going under the car to adjust, getting in to
test, back under to readjust, etc. Somewhat painful, but the car
shifts very nice now.

--
- Ryan
http://www.memfrag.com - Make your favorites globally accessible