Re: [DMCForum] Stuborn wheels

Use a piece of wood to soften the blow and hit the edge of the wheel
hard with a heavy hammer. It's galvanic corrosion that has glued the
wheel to the hub. When you replace it, put copper slip all around that
area. As for the track rod end, put the jack under the joint and put
some upward force on it - not too much or you'll break the steering knuckle.

Martin

Josh Porter wrote:

> Today I am trying to replace my tie rod ends because they appear to be
> broken somewhere inside, the bolt rotates like a ball joint, I tried
> to get the wheel off and it's seized on there. I tried PB blaster but
> could not move it. Do you know of any tricks on getting it off? I
> tried pulling on one side at a time but no positive results. I tried
> tapping the tire with a hammer but again nothing. I'm not the
> strongest guy around so I am guessing that may be my problem. My
> elbows are low on grease.
>
> Josh
> 10989

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS