[DMCForum] Re: Racing

I'm not going to race it! Somehow my roomate wanted to race me in it
and I told him no, I told you guys just to let you know I guess. VB
told me that I might want to pick on something my own size like
Hyndai Senata. Someday I would like to have three DeLoreans and one
being a "racer" but for now and the next several years I'm just going
to baby my car and maybe cruise in it but that is it.

The DeLorean that I drove could beat several cars at the local drag
strip here in town. High school kids that their cars out and race
them just for fun, no winner no loser, just having fun. I'm not going
to do that because I know that my car will break in several places if
I put in under to much strain.

I may start charging people to ask me "what in the hell would you
race a DeLorean against?" Or why.

Just forget I even said anything!

Josh

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxx> wrote:
> What the hell would you race a delorean against? Little old ladies
in
> Wheelchairs?
>
> The Delorean can barely get out of its own way.
>
> Dude the Delorean is like a 17 to 18 second car in the 1/4 mile,
there
> is almost nothing slower than that made on the streets now.
>
> Mark V
>

> On Oct 5, 2005, at 12:37 AM, Josh Porter wrote:
>
> > It has come to my attention that some people on here think that I
am
> >  going to got out and race my car on the streets.
> >
> >  I apollgize, I'm not going to do that. I posted earlier that I
learned
> >  my lesson on street racing and the race classes is something
that I am
> >  planning on doing when I get out of college and can afford to
have a
> >  car that I play in on the weekends, not this DeLorean.
> >
> >  I am not going to race my car. I do race my truck on the weekends
> >  between street lights because that is the only thing to do in my
home
> >  town. The town that I go to college opens up one of the local
drag
> >  strip for people to bring their car to race in a safe place.
That is