[DMCForum] Re: Newdelorean.com? or is it new Delorean.com

[DMCForum] Re: Newdelorean.com? or is it new Delorean.com

As my buddy says, "Sure, we used to drift all the time back in Iowa.
It's called 'driving in the winter'..."

I wouldn't reccomend using a *stock* DeLorean for drifting. It's got a
no rear sway bars, and a good weight ratio for spinning circles around
your competition (literally). But you'd bust the Trailing Arm Bolts in
no time at all.

If you were serious about wanting to drift a DeLorean, you'd need to
either install hyme joints in a boxed-in encasement, or some heavy
duty brackets like Dave Bauerly sells to grip the bolts on both sides,
and spread the load out evenly. As well as some Toby Tabs too. Which
is pretty much what I plan on doing, since I've been thinking about
entering my car into some drifing competitions as well. ;)

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> I've thought of drifting. My roomate is one of the best drifters in
> Arkansas and is in the top in the nation. the only thing I have
> against drifting is what it does to the tires. But he is willing to
> teach me how to drift for free in a parking lot sometime as long as he
> can drift in it first to show me how it is done. My junior year of
> college I will get driving lessons for free at school. Since I am
> going for a PhD. The University of Missouri at Rolla, where I will b
> going after the basics are done, their Aerospace Engineering program
> designs and races a minature Formula one car, anyone who works on it
> gets to drive at lowes at night. They are currently the number four
> team in the nation. I will look into the autocross thing though.
>
> Thanks Ryan
>
> Josh

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS