[DMCForum] Re: Newdelorean.com? or is it new Delorean.com

[DMCForum] Re: Newdelorean.com? or is it new Delorean.com

Why the hell would you even consider street racing your Delorean
against anything? What are you trying to prove?

Buy a cheap set of springs from Josh, and compress them, or sut them
if you want. As long as you don;t change the structure of the metal
by turning it molten, then cooling it, you won't lose any properties
of the spring, except the tall ride height.

-Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> My auto tech teacher told me that heating them up is dangerous. My
S-
> 10 ran for three years on springs like that, until I wrecked and
they
> broke in half, that and I snaped my driveshaft in two. That is why
> am not street racing my DeLorean, espicially against an F-250. I
was
> into that a few years ago and the first time I tried it.. wipe out.
> I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't envolve any turns.
>
> Josh
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Since stock springs are cheap, you could always heat a set of old
> > springs and compress them to the lowered height. Stock springs
are
> > cheap to get a second set of.
> >

> > -Joe
> >

> > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Ok so I wasn't seeing things. I saved up engough money to buy
the
> > kit
> > > for $700 but it's not worth $949 to me. Looks like I have two
> > options
> > > one, cut the springs and do it old school or have the original
> > specs.
> > > I'll probably stay with the latter because i cut the springs on
> my
> > S-10
> > > and felt every peeble on the road.
> > >
> > > Josh