RE: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Side Stripe Kits
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Side Stripe Kits



Actually, I peeled the stripes off my car just yesterday.
It was only about 85 out, and not too hot.
They had been on there over a year or so, and they came right off.
They are very thick and will not tear.
The material they use now a days is better than they used 25 years ago.
There was some slight residue left behind but came right off with some
Goo-Gone
and a rag.
I needed to take them off because the time machine did not have stripes.
Truth is, you could have just stuck these onto another car and used them if
only
I had something to stick them too in the meantime, some transfer tape.

The material I am using was actually meant to be used for flooring, and
roofs of vehicles
as I am told, the stuff is tough and meant for the outdoors.
I am willing to bet it will hold up, and hell, if you need to replace them
every 20 years
or so I think they will be worth the money!

- VB


>From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxxxxxxx>
>Reply-To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Side Stripe Kits
>Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:15:52 -0000
>
>VB
>
>How hard would it be to uninstall you kits? I don't have a kit yet
>but do plan on it in the future. I'm asking because, say I'm 20 years
>down the road and the things start to crack. I detailed cars for two
>years and hated when customers like farmers, rodeos, Churches and the
>power company wanted me to get the stickers off the side of the van.
>I only did it a few times because I kept on sctraching the tar out of
>the paint because the stickers were baked into the paint almost, and
>our heat gun was broken all two years so we used adhesive remover and
>a razorblade. Now it's easy for me to do but back then, boy.
>
>Josh
>
>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>
>wrote:
> > When you say "kits", do you mean more than one?
> >
> > You can easily tell the difference between the repro's like mine
>and the
> > originals.
> > The originals have a thin seam around the edges, and the "DMC" is
>screened
> > printed onto
> > a smooth section on the fender in silver paint.
> > The reproductions do not have the seam, and the "DMC" is cut out
>and not
> > printed.
> >
> > There are not many unused original sets left, and I believe that
>the one set
> > that I have on hand is one of the best available with all the
>original
> > instructions, the squegee applicator and all.
> >
> > I was considering selling them if someone were really interested in
>them,
> > however
> > I am not anxious to get rid of them.
> > I think I would have to have something on the order of $500.00 to
>let them
> > go.
> > However I would not use them for the car, especially when you can
>get my
> > repro's
> > for only $99.99 and they are not only as good but better in my
>opinion.
> > Unless you are going for a concourse car or something....
> > - Videobob
> >
> >
> > >From: Packodenton@xxxx
> > >Reply-To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> > >doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >Subject: [DMCForum] DeLorean Side Stripe Kits
> > >Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 23:44:37 EDT
> > >
> > >
> > >Dear All,
> > >
> > >A recent purchase of original side stripe kits (NOS DMC dealer
>inventory)
> > >has me concerned. Should these kits be "saved" or can the kit be
>installed
> > >on
> > >the car?
> > >
> > >In addition, how can you tell the difference between an original
>large side
> > >stripe kit and a reproduction kit?
> > >
> > >Sincerely,
> > >Mike
> > >
> > >NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC
>INFORMATION.
> > >IT
> > >IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES)
>NAMED
> > >ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you
>are not
> > >the
> > >intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any
>review,
> > >dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is
> > >prohibited.  If you have
> > >  received this communication in error, please notify me
>immediately by
> > >return
> > >  email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed
>copies.
> > >Thank
> > >you for your cooperation.
> > >
> > >
> > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
>
>




SPONSORED LINKS
Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS






Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive