[DMCForum] Steering bushing replaced.

Ok, so today my wife went to Chicago with my daughter and mother in law...so I had some time to work on the Delorean.  I've been meaning to replace my steering column bushing for a while.  So today was the time to do it.

   Remove steering column - 10 minutes
   Pop old bushing out with big flat head screw driver - 2 minutes
   Grease the inside of the new bushing - 30 seconds
   Find 2' piece of 1x1 in my shed - 1 minute
   Get mallet out of tool drawer - 1 minute
   Put bushing up to hole, put 1x1 on bushing...hit it with mallet - 1 minute
   Extend steering column, put channel locks gently on the base so it doesn't colapse when puting through the bushing - 30 seconds
   Line column up and push like hell to get it through the bushing - 1 minute
   Hook everything up under the dash - 10 minutes
   Hook everything up to the rack - 10 minutes
   Find out steering wheel is not lined up, redo # 10 - 20 minutes
   Drive Delorean with no more shake - The rest of the afternoon.

I thought it would be a lot harder to do this, but it wasn't.  It took about an hour to do the entire thing from start to finish.  I cleaned the car afterwards too.  I'll be repainting me rear sunshade in the next week or so.  Thank to everyone with their comments about how to repaint it!  I tested it on a spare sunshare I have that has a small crack in it underneith.  It turned out really good.  If anyone is interested in a freshly painted sunshade that needs some fiberglass repair underneith, let me know.

erik