[DMCForum] Re: Are you a kid of the '70's or '80's?

[DMCForum] Re: Are you a kid of the '70's or '80's?

Pffft!! Don't be talkin' to me about no cable. I am the cable master!
:) I loved TV so much, I WORK for the cable company!

I know that Nickelodeon shows cartoons. Just like Cartoon Network
does. But I'm talking about old-fashioned Network boradcast, Saturday
Morning cartoons with mind-numbing advertisements in between for
plastic junk we could get in 6-8 weeks with like 200 cerceal boxtops.
And nothing healthy, mind you. And LOTS of violence! Anvils getting
dropped on heads! Ninjas beating the crap out of people! Lasers!
Mutants! And there were 3 channels of this stuff from 5am, until 11am!
Sure cartoons like "Dora the Explorer" are on, but they're just not
the same... Stuff like that is educational cartoons that just don't
cut it. When I was a kid, the educational lessons we learned were
physics: An unbrella will NOT protect you from a falling boulder!

Now "The Today Show" is on, and bores me even as an adult.

Here's a great site with some retro commercials, and some REALLY great
write-ups on the 80's! I figure lots of people will dig on this.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> Do you have cable or a dish? I don't have kids but my nephew and
> neice watch Dora the Explorer over and over, great show for my naps.
>
> Josh
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcerik" <dmcerik@xxxx> wrote:
> > > If, like me, you are a kid of the 70's and 80's, you need to go to
> > >
> > > http://www.retrojunk.com/
> > >
> > > and have a look around.  You'll also see some delorean (bttf)
> stuff on
> > > the site.  Its a great way to relive the past and get some old
> show
> > > tunes stuck in you head again.
> > >
> > > erik
> >
> > Speaking of which, what happened to Saturday Morning cartoons? I
> tried
> > channel surfing recently on a bored Saturday morning, and discovered
> > that they don't air them any more.
> >
> > Of those members on the list who have kids, I gotta ask this: What
> do
> > your kids do on Saturday mornings? I'm grown-up, and bored out of my
> > skull with the boring news shows they broadcast now...
> >
> > -Robert

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS