RE: [DMCForum] Re: OK, so people from NJ are strange..

RE: [DMCForum] Re: OK, so people from NJ are strange..

I wouldn't say I don't agree with you on religion.  Truth be told, I
like & believe in the Buddhist philosophies a great deal.  The problem
we've been seeing here on the Forum, is that when people don't agree on
their particular flavors of religion (Christian, Atheist, etc.) it is
devolving into insults and personal attacks.  Here's a hint:

Christians:  Jesus would love and respect everyone no matter what
religion they were.  He wants you to try and do the same.

Atheists:  Remember that there is a great utility in not offending
others, regardless of their beliefs.  Yesterday's science told us the
Earth was flat.  Science changes daily, while the laws that govern the
universe remain constant...  Remember that laws of physics say that in
order for something to exist, it must have mass and/or energy.  The laws
of physics have neither, so by their own definition don't exist.  Same
with 'time'.  Science is an understanding of the world around us - a
construct - just like religion.

Buddhists would go so far as to say that religion and science are the
same; they are different ways to explain the same things.  Religion and
science both have the search for the truth as their fundamental goal.

     Science without religion is lame, religion without science is
blind.
     Albert Einstein, "Science, Philosophy and Religion: a Symposium",
1941

But anyway, yes - it was great to meet you too!  Sorry we kept you up so
late!