Re: [DMCForum] Re: Down for season

I plan on doing all of that but getting the time to do it is another
thing. By the way my schedule is i wont get to it till maybe next
weekend. Thanks for the help and suggestion.

I can drive the car if i remove the fuse for the interior lights but
that is just a band-aid and i want the problem fixed correctly, no
fires in my delorean.

Electrical shorts are dangerous and i find it amazing how many
delorean's have shorts that drain the battery and people just band-aid
the problem with a battery cut off switch or just ignore the problem
and hope it go away.

I dont want people to see burned pictures of my car saying " If he
fixed that short his car wouldnt of started on fire".

No delorean fires here.

Mark V

On Sep 13, 2005, at 3:27 PM, brandelorean wrote:

> Hey Mark,
>
> As for properly fixing the wiring by only using the access panel
> underneath the T panel, I know it'll probably the biggest pain ever.
> You can pull the wires out of the little square but not very much,
> and is an insane pain especially if you're trying to fix wiring
> properly.
>
> I'd give it a try atleast before counting the car out for the
> season.  Or you could just pull both doors, and pull the middle roof
> support section off and inspect for rust if you haven't already.  My
> roof panels were completely rusted out and were shot so bad I had to
> pull some off a salvage D I found and have them powdercoated.  I also
> am fabricating the whole setup in Stainless (everything is cut and
> ready to go) but I'm waiting till after I get the body and frame back
> together.....priorities...
>
> If you're the "while I'm in there" type of guy, this will probably be
> what you do :)
>
> Keep us updated
>
> Brandon
> Vin 3323