[DMCForum] Re: DMCH in latest issue of Forbes... (Slow PRV Performance)

[DMCForum] Re: DMCH in latest issue of Forbes... (Slow PRV Performance)

Actually there are numerous variations of even the same basic block
(low compression, normally aspirated, 2.8 liter) running around. On
the top end, some are carbureted (thank you very much) and some are
European spec K Jet, both of which yield a richer fuel/air mixture
(stock F series is metered lean for economy and emissions). On the
bottom end, there are a myriad of exhaust setups (converterless stock,
dual with and without converters, headers vs manifolds, custom single,
etc).

Don't forget the controversy whether high voltage ignition, which some
DeLo's are running, increases performance. I've also seen pictures of
DeLo's with capacitive ignition.

And of course manual vs automatic transmission can make a world of
difference. Stock DeLo 5 speed is also geared higher than its European
counterpart. Don't know how much time would be lost in the shift, but
acceleration would be faster with 1st and 2nd gears less than 3:1 and 2:1.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lakelanier20" <derek4567@xxxx> wrote:
> Oh man.  Alright, obviously no offense here, as we all have the same
> engine, but damn, that looks soooooooo sloooooowwww!!!!!  Geez!
>
> -Derek
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > > Here is the proof:
> >
> > http://members.cox.net/dmcvegas/delorean2.wmv
> >

> > -Robert
> >

> > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> > > You couldn't have planned the 18.88 time if you had wanted to.
> > >
> > > Greg

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS