From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of therealdmcvegas
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 1:49 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH in latest issue of Forbes...

A couple years ago before the engine finally crapped out on me, I had
a really interesting experience at the drag strip. We were up at the
track, and Spike TV was filming the pilot for a show that never came
about. So my friends convinced me to race in front of the cameras. 2
hours later after track clean up from a Honda that threw a rod and
wouldn't stop, I got the chance. Needless to say, my times were
horrible. I got 18.88 seconds in the quarter mile on my engine (which
had already blown a head as I would discover the next week), and was
prepared to REALLY get scolded and made fun of because of the heinus
track time. What I discovered was when I got back into the pits, I got
nothing but respect from everyone, because I had the balls to allow my
track times to be shown on the signs.

When I spoke to people after that, I didn't get a single negative
comment. Just lots of comments that I needed to ditch the engine, or
start tuning it. I even got a sponsorship offer from a local shop to
install turbos, but I just don't trust people who are inexperienced
with the PRV. I also got the most unique, laugh-out loud BTTF comment
that night. This guy comes up to me and says, "Hey man, you KNOW you
gots to get tha Flux Capacitor installed NOW!" I asked why, and he
sais, "'Cause that way, you don't need to worry about speed. You just
literally dial what-ever times you want. As long as you hit 88 miles
an hour!" I busted out laughing at that one! It was just too damn funny.

-Robert

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS