[DMCForum] Re: EV DeLorean

The main trick to an EV Delorean is fab'ing a plate to mount the
electric motor to the tranny and then trying to distribute the heavy
batteries in a manner that emulates the weight distribution of the
original engine and fuel tank (and mounting the speed controller and
other relays).

Also because it's a sports car and not a truck you're limited in where
and how many batteries you can carry which cuts down on your range.

I'd keep the original battery and compartment as a "house" battery to
power the headlights and accessories. You may as well forget about A/C
unless you plan to reduce your range to about 10 miles. I suspect and
EV-DMC would be significantly heavier than the gas powered model.

It's a tricky business.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey, if Tilly can do it, ...
>
> Maybe I'll email him and see if he wants to sell his.
>
> -Ryan
>
> On 9/3/05, Josh Porter <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> > I had an idea similar to this but everybody shut me down. So go for
> > it!!!

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS