RE: [DMCForum] Katrina Response

Bob wrote:

> I think the emergency response to Katrina is deplorable. The news
> people can find thousands of people with no food or water and the
> government has done nothing.

But wait, Bob -- Mayor Nagin (no relation to our Tim <G>) has just
pulled 1500 NOrleans police officers off the search and rescue detail
so they can stop the looting.  Let's see -- WalMart tennies vs human
life.  Tough choice.

Why didn't they deploy those boats full of supplies before yesterday
Greg?  Surely once the levee was breached, the ensuing flooding
should have been obvious.  Even before the first breach, the
displacement of people should have been obvious.  Even before the
storm actually hit - and remember NOrleans was spared a direct hit -
they should have anticipated the need for their relief efforts.

Why wasn't there a contingency plan for NOrleans that anticipated a
break in the levee?  Last I heard, FEMA was grasping at straws by
trying to drop sandbags because they really don't know if they'll
work.

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS