From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Joe OBrien
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 4:33 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: electric vehicles...

Sad but true, if we didn't live in the land of the lawsuit, maybe
things would be different. GM might have sold the EV1's to consumers
like Toyota is with the RAV4 EV's.

What year Grand National prototype was this they stole? A possible
new one, or one from back in the 80's?

I always hoped GM would make a NEW Grand National someday.

-Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> Simple...because of the liability risk to GM.  The automakers used
to build
> stuff like this and put them in the hands of the general public for
testing.
> Now they test them and crush them due to the risk.
>
> I read a story long ago about the prototype Grand National.  While
they were
> testing it, someone stole the car.  The thieves, not knowing what
they had,
> removed the factory radio and front seats and abandoned the car.  GM
> recovered the car, finished their testing, and subsequently crushed
the car.
> Sad, really.
>
> Greg

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10