[DMCForum] Sanden 508 or 510, what should I use? Vin 3323 Update

[DMCForum] Sanden 508 or 510, what should I use? Vin 3323 Update

Hey Everyone,

This last week we actually got the body floating above the frame!!!

It's really amazing because it took me and my dad 8 hours of fiddling
around, trying to be real careful, to get the body off and the frame
out from underneath.

This time I had my neighbor come over with his 2 sons, and it took us
about 20 minutes to put the frame back underneath the body.  Quite the
savings in time!  Thankfully they were really cool and strong and only
requested a ride in my Delorean when I'm finished (which is a given!).

Now, my question is, should I go with a Sanden 510 or 508 compressor?
I'm using the Eagle Premier engine and need the 6 groove setup (which
both compressors can be fitted with), but the 510 seems to be quite a
bit more expensive....but may be worth it if it works really well.

Also, I have the earlier version of the Accumulator/Dryer with the
connection on the bottom.  Am I able to use that, how do I know if it
needs replacing?  I'd really like to know how to test it and see if
it's possible to use without replacing it??????? HOW??? lol

If I do have to replace the accumulator/dryer, could I use the 86
Corvette one talked about in the conversion for 134A on the DML?  It
says it can be used for R12 or R134a....but will it work with the
earlier version of the accumulator/dryer on the 81's?

I tried posting this on the DML but it's taking forever to get approved
and would like a direction to head this week so I can commit to
something!

Thanks

Brandon
Vin 3323