[DMCForum] Alternative Fuels for the D

All,

You bring up very good points, but the real questions are, what is
the cost of the conversion, will the car perform at least the same
as it did before the conversion, and will the conversion be cost
effective?

I have owned two diesel cars, and they got great mileage, like 30
MPG.  But they were not performance cars in any way shape or form,
but the would go fast, and I mean really fast for a long time
without any problems.  I drove from the Pocoanos region of PA, to
Upper Marlboro, MD with a stop at home in between, in 3 hours.  I
won't say how fast I was going but 3 digits might give you a clue.
Now these were early 80's luxury cars with diesel engines.

The newer diesel cars and trucks have much better performance.  I
drove my bosses diesel VW bug when he bought a new one, and I was
suprised at the performance.  But to convert a D to an alternative
fuel source, is going to require lots of engineering, and possibly a
new type of engine in it.  I don't think the PRV will handle a
conversion job, except for a CNG conversion.

Bernie

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS