[DMCForum] Re: Hybrid question for Dr. Dave - Paging Dr. Dave...

[DMCForum] Re: Hybrid question for Dr. Dave - Paging Dr. Dave...

Rich A.

I thought you were asking for my answer, as I didn't know of anyone else  who
goes by the aka of, Dr Dave, but when the other Dave answered I figured I
was mistaken.

The short answer is YES, I'm sure I could figure out how to wire up a set  of
Li - ion batteries...

As others have mentioned, you still have to pay for the electricity to
charge them, "at home".

D² & 6530 ( with the 2700 ohm resistor in series with my pickup  coil.)
aka Dr Dave

Dave,

I recently read about hybrid  hot-rodders who are installing small stacks of
Li-ion batteries in their hybrids  for extended mileage-
anywhere from 80 to 250. They plug 'em in at home to  charge them each day.
When the spare batteries drain, the normal hybrid action  kicks in and mileage
drops to the car's advertised rating.

Do you think  you could figure out how to wire these batteries in if
someone asked you  to?

Thanks,

Rich A.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS