[DMCForum] Re: Hybrid question for Dr. Dave - Paging Dr. Dave...

[DMCForum] Re: Hybrid question for Dr. Dave - Paging Dr. Dave...

It is more than just adding batteires Rich, they are also reprogramming
the cars electric motor controls to use electric only to around 45-55
mph, and kicking to the engine above that. Normally the engine kicks in
at 10-15 mph.

All in all, the SMART hybrid would be a serial hybrid, with a tiny
engine just recharging batteries, and the vehicle driving solely off
the batteries.

Maybe some automaker will make one someday? I would love to buy the new
Subaru RE1 when it debuts, if it does.

-Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I recently read about hybrid hot-rodders who are installing small
> stacks of Li-ion batteries in their hybrids for extended mileage-
> anywhere from 80 to 250. They plug 'em in at home to charge them each
> day. When the spare batteries drain, the normal hybrid action kicks
in
> and mileage drops to the car's advertised rating.
>
> Do you think you could figure out how to wire these batteries in if
> someone asked you to?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich A.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS