Re: [DMCForum] hot start/electrical problem - John Hervey please help

Re: [DMCForum] hot start/electrical problem - John Hervey please help

Lauren,
If you are using a FanFix, Fanzilla, blue fan fail module or jumpers, they
are all triggered the same way. In your case what probably happened was the
coolant was hot enough to trigger the fans to turn on. When you turned off
the car, the hot coolant stopped circulating. Since you only let the car
sit for 5 minutes, the coolant was still hot enough to trigger the
outerstat and the fans turned back on during starting.

It doesn't surprise me that the car had trouble starting as it takes a lot
of power to run both fans and the starter. Your best bet would be to let
the car sit longer if you turned it off with the fans running. If they
weren't running when you turn off the car, the coolant won't get hotter and
the fans should remain off when starting.

Chris
VIN 4099

At 06:00 PM 8/26/2005 -0700, you wrote:

>The saga continues.  Car started just fine after sitting for a week
>and half.  Drove great and I ran it up to operating temp. Special T's
>fan fix kicked in just as I came home and I shut the engine (because
>I was home).  After 5 min, car wouldn't start but fans came on and
>voltage showed only 8 volts.  So I disconnected the fan fix relay in
>the relay compartment and got the car started after a few tries.
>
>John here are two questions -- is the fan fix supposed to make the
>fans come on when the car is hot even before the engine is turned
>on?  I mean as soon as I turn the key to the first position.   It's wired
>directly to the battery if I remember, right?    And more important for
>the short term -- after I disconnect your relay so I can start the car
>when it's hot,  can I reconnect it while the car is running?

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS