[DMCForum] Re: hot start/electrical problem

[DMCForum] Re: hot start/electrical problem

There are no sensors for a warm start condition. The only thing ever
planned for this is a relay socket, hidden under the main harness, in
the relay compartment. The design was to have the relay powered only
durring cranking, to intermitantly trip the Cold Start Valve to aid in
hot starting conditions.

The part you're speaking of is called the "Thermo Time Switch",
located in the top left of the waterpump itself. This switch is
designed just like a turn signal relay. Hot wire enters the switch,
goes across a bi-metal arm, and exits back to the Cold Start Valve. So
if the motor is warm and a choke condition is not needed, the bi-metal
arm will not make contact to complete the circuit, and thus will not
open the CSV.

The key here is that this unit is only powered durring cranking. And
the bi-metal arm heats up pretty quickly, and will not let the CSV
fire for more than a second or so. So since it's only powered during
cranking, there is no chance that this could possible cause a battery
drain situation.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, doki_pen <doki_pen@xxxx> wrote:
> There is a sensor in the engine, i forget which one it
> is exactly, but it has to do with the hot start.  The
> sensor has a heating element in it.  I've heard with
> this sensor goes bad the heating element will remain
> on all the time and this can drain the battery down.
> This sensor is related to a warm start condition so
> this could have something to do with it.
> Unfortunately all of my materials for my D is at my
> shop and I can't get you the exact name right now, but
> if you are interested and email me directly off of the
> list I will find out what it is and let you know.
>
> Jon
> doki_pen@xxxx
>
> --- Lauren <LPLand@xxxx> wrote:
>

> > > Might be a dodgy check valve in the new pump. But
> > that's almost
> > > unheard of (in a new pump)
> > >
> > I'll have it checked - thank you

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS