[DMCForum] hot start/electrical problem

I saw this thread (post below) on the news group and since it relates
to a new problem I have, I thought I'd put it out to the forum and
take advantage of the instant gratification of an unmoderated list.

Ever since I had my fuel pump replaced with a kit from  Special T
including hoses and baffle, I've had a hot start issue which I never
had before and find the battery drained if I let the car sit.    Neither
of these was a problem I had before.  I really haven't driven the car
much in the last month since I've been busy and don't have time to
get stranded and it's monsoon season here in the desert with water
running fairly high in the streets when it rains.

So my question is:  would replacing the fuel pump and associated
parts cause more stress on the accumulator and therefore failure?  I
didn't have the fuel tank cleaned out, so I considered gunk getting
churned up as a possible cause, but the post from Steve below,
makes me think the electrical issue is related.  My fuel pump was
very rusty and I can only assume the mechanic cleaned all the
contacts and ground.

Just doing my homework so I know what to ask him to do when I
take it back.

thanks all....................LP

"Steve" <p2freak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The hot start issue is a common problem. The most common cause
is
fuel not being delivered to the engine and the usual suspects are
the fuel accumulator/fuel system and bad grounding on electrical
system.

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS