[DMCForum] Re: latest rejection

I don't have a problem with all the moderators. But two in particular
stick out in my mind.

Marty Maier is a great guy. If he see's anything wrong with a post,
he'll e-mail you back, and will actually take the time to discuss it
with you. Not too often do I ever have anything that he outright
rejects. Instead, he'll ask that it be edited. And I can't really
disagree with him on what his points are once we get to talking.

Knut Grimsrud on the otherhand... In a nut shell, the guy is too by
the book, and won't let anything thru that doesn't specificly mention
anything "DeLorean". Even if in some cases, it may bear relevance.
And he especailly doesn't have a sense of humor. After that link
posted about the LMC snow groomer (Ford powered DeLorean), I decied
to post my usual wise-ass, running gag comment about how I lamented
that it still didn't have cup holders. He emailed me back telling me
that he had rejected my posted because it added nothing to the
conversation. Along with a bunch of other fifty-cent words. I e-
mailed him back in return, explaining that because my comment was
based in humor, that's why he failed to recognize it's value. I've
not heard from him since.

As for the rest of the moderators, no complaints, as they rarely deny
anything that I submit in. And because of that, I seem to have
hardley any interaction with them.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx> wrote:
> On 8/18/05, jackstiefel@xxxx
> <jackstiefel@xxxx> wrote:
> > The sad thing is they did.  I am not sure why the moderators feel
it necessary to do that.  All they are are fellow owners, nothing
more.

> Power corrupts. I've seen the same thing happen on many formerly
great
> forums.  I was a member of another forum (>40,000 members) for many
> years that eventually went downhill when a number of moderators
built
> up a God complex. One cat loving moderator ("Cats are a higher form
of
> life. People don't own cats. We are simply their guardians and
> caretakers") would freak out on people for merely suggesting that
cats
> weren't worthy of worship and idolatry. Someone was banned for
linking
> to that Bonsai kitten thing back when it came out. He was one of a
> whole group of characters who let moderation go to their heads.
Today,
> that forum is merely a shadow of it's former self.
>
> The person who wrote that rejection message needs some communication
> skills. A lecturer I listened to said, "If you talk to your spouse
the
> same way you talk to your children, you don't know how to
> communicate." How true.
>
> -Ryan

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS