Re: [DMCForum] Re: Diesel-to-DeLorean transmission mating

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Diesel-to-DeLorean transmission mating

The Peugeot is a 2.4L 4 cylinder, with Turbo.  Maybe a
better choice anyway because the I6 will be much
heavier than the PRV.  Heck, the 2.4L will probably
increase your weight over the PRV!

You should probably look for the XD3T 2498cc Turbo
from an 85-86 505.

A quick search of the junkyard sites show this engine
to not be so common.  Although I did find a "core" for
$200!  (None close to me, or I would offer to take my
spare bell housing over to check it) It would be an
expensive rebuild, assuming the turbo is shot too.  If
you can verify the engine will bolt up, it would be a
better investment to buy a running 85/86 505.  It may
be easier to find the entire car!

Some good info here-
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Peugeot-505

and here-
http://www.vectorbd.com/peugeot/files/505faqv1.pdf

http://www.vlvworld.com/indexframe.html?200/Production260.htm

> The 260 Volvo is indeed identical to the PRV6
> powered version,
> meaning things -may- bolt up. Just one tiny little
> problem-
>
> The D24 is an in-line 6 and would probably be too
> long to jam into
> the DeLo's engine compartment without seriously
> hacking things up. :(
> I'd need engine dimensions to know for sure.
>
> Anyone know the engine designation for Peugeot 505's
> diesel engine?
>
> Rich A.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS