[DMCForum] off topic: Pierce Brosnan is NOT James Bond anymore

[DMCForum] off topic: Pierce Brosnan is NOT James Bond anymore

NEW YORK - A single, surprising phone call and it was over. That's how
Pierce Brosnan says he learned that his services as James Bond would no longer  be
required.

"One phone call, that's all it took!" the 52-year-old  actor tells
Entertainment Weekly magazine in its Aug. 19 issue.

Brosnan  starred in four Bond films. He says that before they stopped
negotiations, the  producers had invited him back for a fifth time.

"You know, the movie  career for me really started with Bond," says Brosnan,
acknowledging that by the  time "GoldenEye" premiered in 1995, he was already
42.

He then starred as  007 in "Tomorrow Never Dies" (1997), "The World Is Not
Enough" (1999) and "Die  Another Day" (2002).

His departure from the role was a "titanic jolt to  the system," says
Brosnan, followed by "a great sense of calm."

"I  thought. ... I can do anything I want to do now. I'm not beholden to them
or  anyone. I'm not shackled by some contracted image. So there was a sense
of  liberation."

Brosnan says he's grateful to have had the role, but adds:  "It never felt
real to me. I never felt I had complete ownership over Bond.  Because you'd have
these stupid one-liners â which I loathed â and I always felt  phony doing
them."

He plays a foulmouthed, skirt-chasing hit man in the  upcoming film "The
Matador."

"(For this) to come on the heels of my  departure from the world of Bond is
sweet grace, to play this one as a farewell  to that chapter in time â it
certainly wasn't planned."

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS