Re: [DMCForum] European Diesel Car Exports

Re: [DMCForum] European Diesel Car Exports

Not a bad idea, but importing cars in to the USA is
not an easy business.  They must meet DOT safety
standards.  Most European cars will not pass.

A better idea may be to import diesel engines along
with conversion kits for common late model cars.  For
instance, does Nissan have a European diesel engine
that we can drop in to a Maxima?

--- Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just a mad idea - who wants to go into business with
> me importing diesel
> cars from Europe to the US? Older diesels are really
> easy to pick up
> cheap - I'm running a Citroen turbo diesel which I
> bought for £100 off
> ebay, and it's done 12,000 miles in 5 months and
> still going strong (and
> quick!). If you're worried about fuel costs, it's
> the only way to go. I
> heard on the radio recently that diesel cars now
> acocunt for 48% of UK
> car sales.
>
> It's a short hop to France for a supply of left-hand
> drive cars too.
>
> Martin

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS