RE: [DMCForum] Re: Hello?

The Dia Tribes were Native Americans that once roamed the great fertile
plains of... oh... no... wait:

N.      thunderous verbal attack

diatribe

noun {C} FORMAL

an angry speech or piece of writing which severely criticizes something
or someone:

- He launched into a long diatribe against the government's policies.

Word History: Listening to a lengthy diatribe may seem like a waste of
time, an attitude for which there is some etymological justification.
The Greek word diatrib , the ultimate source of our word, is derived
from the verb diatr bein, made up of the prefix dia-, "completely," and
trbein, "to rub," "to wear away, spend, or waste time," "to be busy."
The verb diatrbein meant "to rub hard," "to spend or waste time," and
the noun diatrib meant "wearing away of time, amusement, serious
occupation, study," as well as "discourse, short ethical treatise or
lecture, debate, argument." It is the serious occupation of time in
discourse, lecture, and debate that gave us the first use of diatribe
recorded in English (1581), in the now archaic sense "discourse,
critical dissertation." The critical element of this kind of diatribe
must often have been uppermost, explaining the origin of the current
sense of diatribe, "a bitter criticism."