Re: [DMCForum] O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

Re: [DMCForum] O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

So, is he saying that he was ripping people off?

Prior to this last rise in fuel prices, NJ was
considered one of the less expensive states for gas
(due to our lower road tax, and mandatory "full
service").  This is no longer the case, but the local
radio morons like to call up owners of gas stations to
talk to them about the prices.

The claim (by the owners) was that the suppliers
charge them differently based on their location.  So,
while WaWa and the "Cheap stations" are at about $2.35
today, the name-brand stations are at $2.49 and claim
they are still making the same $0.10 per gallon profit
they have always made...  Well, if this is the case it
will soon be hard to make money in the consumer fuel
market because if the profit-per-gallon is fixed, the
percentage profit of the business is on a rapid
decline.

So, the question is...  How much PROFIT is the guy
making at $4.10 a gallon??  Because maybe the oil
companies are charging him a premium based on his
location.