[DMCForum] Re: cross over pipe heatshield

[DMCForum] Re: cross over pipe heatshield

Due to this being part of the exhaust system and exposed to high heat
the bolts are probably rusted in place. You may not be able to
tighten them. The top bolt on mine actually sheared in half allowing
the heat shield to rattle when the engine was running (talk about
sounding like a VW!) I resolved it with a simple stainless steel hose
clamp. I put it around the heatshield and crossover pipe and
tightened it down. It was amazing how nice the car now sounds! It was
rather easy to do from below the car and only took a few minutes.
Stephen
Vin 3601

> Does anyone know of a way to tighten down the crossover pipe
heatshield?

**The proceeding post is not inteded to insult or P.O. any VW
enthusist or owners**

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS